Monday, April 9, 2012

A Suburb Among a Forest of Trees


A Suburb Among a Forest of Trees

It was many and many months past,
In a suburb among a forest of trees,
Where the volume and treble switched to full blast,
By that boy next door with tease,
Of a rich family they chose modest land,
Why next door, why here, geez!

I was a student and he was a student,
In this suburb among a forest of trees,
I hated, he hated and we hated each other,
We would never feel at ease,
Just when I start homework,
I have not a moment of peace,
The vibrations disturb my whole being,
In this suburb among a forest of trees,
Pumping beats from the BMW, Jetta or Maxima?,
No, rather from the minivan at lease,
Even at ungodly hours as I conclude my work,
He would pity me no piece of peace,
Exploding beats into the chilly night,
In this suburb among a forest of trees,
Truly he grins at my misery,
Having nothing better than to my life seize,
No! I can't accept that,
(As all should not allow, in this suburb among a forest of trees),
On the highest settings, approaching from a distance,
Pounding and sounding, I seek it cease.

Urgently to the deck overlooking the cars,
In my house mother scolds me for no ease,
In my mind this is how I'll seize for all a piece of peace,
I implore to turn it down, and incredible,
I back inside, the rumbles dissipated; ah, the power of please,
Sweet silence stay, stay in the nights with me,
To me much help on nights I catch no Z's,
For so long torture I underwent, I had so much of him to vent,
Although the music has ceased, it is not yet I have peace,
In my head the intense beat resounds, so with this if it insists, if it pounds?,
Will he ever end disturbing of the peace?,
I implore no more, I conform til everyone hears the storm,
The trembling beats, shaking me and waking me,
In the silence there among the trees,
In the stillness among the changing trees.

No comments: